Conditions of Entry
Buddy Holly Hall reserves the right to conduct an inspection on any bags, clothing, or other items at the entry points at any time for guest safety.
- Admission to the venue be allowed only at the designated door opening time.
- A valid ticket must be scanned by event staff at door to gain entry.
- Downloading tickets to mobile devices prior to coming to The Buddy Holly Hall is strongly encouraged.
- A facial covering over the nose and mouth is recommended for unvaccinated guests at The Buddy Holly Hall due to COVID-19.
- Guests may bring a clear bag (12″ x 12″ x 6″ maximum size) to the venue. Some events may enforce a modified bag policy.
- Guests will walk through magnetometers as part of the screening process.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are available for usage throughout the venue.
- There is no re-entry during a performance once a patron exits the building. A new ticket must be purchased to gain entry.
- Health and safety protocols may be adjusted without notice in accordance with guidelines from government and public health officials.
- Failure to comply with the requirements of the protocols may result in removal from the venue without a refund.
Thank you for your consideration and cooperation.
As a courtesy to our guests, the following items are prohibited at The Buddy Holly Hall (items are subject to change):
- Large bags or backpacks (may bring clear bags only 12″ x 12″ x 6″ maximum size)
- Cameras with interchangeable or detachable lenses and/or external flash photography or audio/visual recording devices, including cell phone (photography and/or video)
- Tablets, selfie sticks, tripods, monopods and other recording devices
- Outside food and beverages
- Cans, metal/glass/plastic containers, bottles or flasks (empty or sealed bottles included).
- Laptops, tablets, personal computers and two-way radios
- Weapons, firearms, pepper spray, pocketknives and any items that can or may be used as an improvised weapon
- Illegal drugs or alcohol
- Smoking or vaping
- Flashlights, laser pointers, flares or fireworks
- Airhorns, bells or whistles
- Balls, balloons or projectiles
- Sharp studded belts/bracelets, character masks, and/or chains
- Unapproved pamphlets, handouts, ads, flyers inside the venue or in parking areas without prior consent from The Buddy Holly Hall management
- Clothing, garments, and/or signs displaying explicit language, profanity, or derogatory characterization toward any person(s)
- Flags, signs or banners
For more information, contact the Box Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (806) 79-BUDDY (792-8339) for more information.
Clear Bag Policy
The Buddy Holly Hall requires clear bags and/or small purses for all ticketed events and are subject to change.
Guests may carry the following bag styles, sizes, and containers into The Buddy Holly Hall:
- Bags must be clear (no tinting) plastic, vinyl or PVC and may be 12″ x 12″ x 6″ or smaller.
- One gallon or smaller, clear plastic bag (Ziploc or similar).
- A small clutch bag (non-clear), approximately the size of a hand, or size 4.5” x 6.5” with or without a handle or a strap, are permitted into the venue, in addition to a clear plastic bag.
- Exceptions for medically necessary items are allowed after proper inspection by security staff.
Prohibited bags (not limited to):
Purses or bags larger than 12″ x 6″ x 12” such as briefcases, backpacks, computer/tablet bags, camera/camera bags, cinch bags, fanny packs, luggage, diaper bags and binocular cases are prohibited.
CLEAR BAG POLICY FAQ’s
How many bags can each person bring into the venue?
Each ticketed guest may carry one clear bag – either a gallon Ziploc-style bag or a 12″ by 12″ by 6″ clear bag – plus a small clutch purse (4.5” x 6.5”). The small clutch (non-clear) allows privacy for small personal items and can be easily searched.
Can guests carry smart phones into the venue separately?
Yes, guests may carry smart phones into the venue, but all phones must be silenced or turned off before the performance. No photography or video recording is allowed during performances.
What happens if the bag I bring does not meet the required guidelines?
Guests carrying bags that do not follow the policy will be asked store the items in their vehicles.
What if for medical reasons, my items won’t fit in the clear bag, what do I do?
Guests carrying medically necessary bags or equipment into a venue will be required to have their bag inspected and tagged by security. For questions about medical equipment or other needs please contact email@example.com or call (806) 792-8339.
Are strollers permitted? Strollers are not permitted inside the venue.
Are diaper bags allowed in the venue?
Diapers and other baby supplies can be carried inside a clear bag. Each member of a family, including children, may carry an approved clear bag and/or a clutch purse into the venue.
Why does The Buddy Holly Hall have this policy?
The clear bag policy enables BHH security and staff to move guests more quickly through security checkpoints and helps to promote guest safety.
Are all purses prohibited?
No. Small clutch purses (non-clear) size 4.5” x 6.5” or smaller, with or without a handle or strap, are permitted along with either a 12″ x 6″ x 12″ clear tote bag or a gallon freezer bag.
Do I have to put everything I’m carrying into the permissible bags?
No. Guests may carry items in their pockets or jacket such as keys, makeup, feminine products, comb, phone, wallet, credit cards, etc.
Does The Buddy Holly Hall have clear bags available to guests?
Guests who desire to carry a Buddy Holly Hall branded clear bag may purchase online at buddyhollyhall.com or at The Buddy Holly Hall store located inside the venue on the lower level (the online and venue Buddy Holly Hall shops are coming soon, these outlets are not open yet).
For more information and/or questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (806) 79-BUDDY (792-8339).